Friday, November 21, 2008

"I think that no matter what you do in life, it requires being honest with oneself, and you have to pull yourself out of the whirlwind of daily life."



Wow! What a week it has been!! I have so many great things in my life at this point. I have been in North Carolina for almost a year now! It is crazy, time has flown! I really never thought that I would be at the point where I am now. I am so much better as a person than I was 1 year ago.







“Life is full of ups and downs. The trick is to enjoy the ups and have courage during the downs.”

This week I had some up and down moments. I feel like sometimes I'm fighting an uphill struggle with myself. It seems like just when I think I'm over things that have happened in the past something makes me realize that I am not. I've enjoyed such great times in the past year that I just have them cover up some of the down issues I am still dealing with. But there are lots of things I am doing now to try and help me overcome these things. I am trying very hard not to keep them in.

I have the greatest friend right now and I always thought that bringing up my problems might make me look dumb or weak, but now I realize she is not there to judge and right now I know she is there for me no matter what even if its just for a shoulder to cry on for the night. Honestly, I do not know where I would be without her right now! She has done so much for me. She has been a part of the many UPS in the past year and has been there to help me through the DOWNS! For that I owe her a lot!


I crack myself up because I always tell her "live a little", but then I look at myself and I'm not really, fully doing that. I am going to try hopefully with a little help to start to talk about my past issues and hopefully move on. I need to focus on me and me being happy right now. I cannot change my past but I can become a better person because of things I have been through. I think that I can also help those who have been through similar things. For awhile there I thought I was the only one, but that is not true at all. There is so much I want to do in life and I cannot keep holding myself back.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."



"We all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same."


2 comments:

Ader Family said...

LOVE IT!!!
Love you!!!

Brittany said...

Did you know it's been over FOUR YEARS since we've seen each other? Correct me if I'm doing the math wrong...I miss you!